Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is your ultimate destination of flavor and spices. Today we are here with another appetizing recipe named as Appealing & Flavorful Bhindi Masala: Okra Curry Recipe. If you are vegetarian and in search of new taste and flavor then this recipe is just for you that will delight your taste buds. bhindi masala, a flavorful and aromatic okra curry that is sure to impress you and your family & friends.
Bhindi masala, also known as Okra Curry, is a popular dish made with fried okra, onions, tomatoes, and a blend of aromatic spices. This vegetarian delicacy is known for its rich flavors and appealing texture. The combination of tangy tomatoes or tamarind pulp, earthy spices, and the unique taste of okra makes bhindi masala a must-try dish for veggie lovers.
In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of making this mouthwatering and flavorful dish, tips and tricks to make bhindi masala unique. So put on your apron and go to kitchen & let’s get cooking!
Ingredients with Quantity
- 1 tbs Oil for frying
- ½ kg Okra (Bhindi)
- 2-3 tbs Oil for cooking
- 2 Sliced Onion (Pyaz)
- 1 tbs chopped Garlic (Lehsan)
- 2 tbs Green chilies paste (Hari mirch paste)
- 2-3 chopped Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldee powder)
- ½ tsp Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- ½ tsp Cumin powder (Zeera powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste Red chilli powder (Lal mirch powder)
- 3-4 crushed Button red chilies (Sabut lal mirch)
- 1-2 tbs Lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Dried fenugreek leaves (Qasuri methi) (optional)
- 2-3 Green chilies (Hari mirch)
- Mint leaves Mint leaves (Podina)
- Green coriander (Hara dhania)
Preparation of Appealing & Flavorful Bhindi Masala: Okra Curry Recipe
Step 1: Frying Okra
- Take okra wash them thoroughly and spread them on the cloth or tissue or pat them dry with kitchen towel. And let them dry completely.
- Then trim the both ends of dried okras and cut those trimmed okras into medium-sized pieces.
- Take a pot or deep frying pan and add 1 tbs of oil in it. Heat it on low medium flame then add okra in it. You can also add turmeric powder for better color.
- Fry them for 4-5 minutes on low medium flame and set aside.
Step 2: Okra Preparation
- Again take a pot add oil, sliced cut onions and fry until translucent on low medium flame.
- Then chopped garlic and mix it. Then add green chili paste, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, button red chilies crushed with hands and then mix well on low flame until tomatoes are soft and spices are cooked.
- Squeeze lemon on the okra mixture.
- You can also add tamarind pulp instead of lemon juice and tomatoes.
Then sprinkle some dried fenugreek leaves, chopped green chilies, chopped green coriander, and chopped fresh mint for garnishing.
Garnishing make the meal attractive and everyone wants to try that unique dishes. It depends upon dish and vary from dish to dish. Sweet or desserts dishes are garnished with dry fruits, or somethings like that.
While the savor and salty dishes are garnished with savory sauces and green vegetables.
Bhindi Masala pairs perfectly with hot rotis, naan, or steamed rice according to your choice. You can also serve it as a side dish alongside dal (lentil soup) and raita (yogurt-based side dish) to create a complete and satisfying meal.
Also serve pickle with it, this will add magical flavor to your Appealing & Flavorful Bhindi Masala: Okra Curry Recipe. Pickle of any kind like mango pickle, carrot pickle, green chili pickle, lemon pickle, garlic pickle etc. Pickle is of many variety. Choice your favorite pickle and we will knew that you will surely love it.
Remember to garnish with a sprinkle of fresh coriander leaves for that final touch of freshness and for good look.
Apart from its delicious taste, Bhindi Masala offers several health benefits. Okra is a low-calorie vegetable that is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It helps in digestion, boosts immunity, and supports heart health and help in other serious health issues like cancer, diabetes and stroke. Okra has vitamin A & C which help our body system and provide variety of benefits.
It also contain magnesium. The spices used in the recipe, such as turmeric, cumin, and coriander, possess anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, contributing to overall well-being. Tomatoes also source of vitamin C, it is also act as an antioxidant and helps to support immune function, reduce inflammation, collagen production and other diseases like free radical damage and aging.
It is recommended that if you are a vegetarian or non-vegetarian you must eat 1 tomato daily. Chopped the tomato and sprinkle some salt, chilled it and enjoy.
Q1: Can I use frozen okra instead of fresh okra?
Yes, you can use frozen okra if fresh okra is not available but fresh okra tastes better. However, make sure to thaw it before using and pat it dry to remove excess moisture but taste may vary.
Q2: Can I make Bhindi Masala in advance?
Yes, you can make Bhindi Masala in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days for further use. Reheat it before serving.
Q3: Is Bhindi Masala suitable for vegan diets?
Absolutely! Bhindi Masala is a vegan-friendly dish that does not contain any animal products and very appealing for vegans.
Q4: How do I prevent okra from becoming slimy?
To minimize the sliminess of okra, make sure to wash and dry it thoroughly with kitchen towel before cooking. You can also sprinkle some lemon juice or vinegar while cooking to reduce stickiness and make it little soury.
Q5: Can I use canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes?
While fresh tomatoes are preferable for the best taste, you can use canned tomatoes as a substitute or tamarind pulp. Adjust the quantity accordingly to maintain the desired consistency and according to the flavor.