Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is your destination with variety of delicious recipes, whole spices and other tasty ingredients which makes your dishes savory, attractive, appealing and wonderful. If you are dessert enthusiast and looking for a delectable and unique sweet treat, then your search is over now. We are here with flavorful and irresistible Delicious Faisalabadi Chana Dal Halwa. This traditional Pakistani dessert is known for its rich taste, velvety texture, and aromatic blend of ingredients especially split yellow Bengal gram. In this article, we will guide you the about each and every step to make this mouthwatering delicacy and also tell you about the history of this Pakistani delicious dish.
Chana Dal Halwa holds a special place in the hearts of people in Faisalabad, a vibrant city in Pakistan due to its unique taste and velvety texture. Its roots deeply embedded in the Mughlai cuisine, this delightful Chana Dal Halwa dessert has been enjoyed for centuries. The traditional recipe has been passed down through generations, and its popularity has spread far and wide and it is very easy to cook.
The preparation of delicious Chana Dal Halwa takes time and patience, but the time, effort and patience is worth full.
Ingredients with Quantity:
- 2 cups fresh Milk (Doodh)
- 250 garam Split Bengal gram (Chanay ki daal) soaked for 3-4 hours or overnight
- 2-3 tbs or as required Milk (Doodh)
- 1 cup Desi ghee
- 2-3 Green cardamom (Hari elaichi)
- 1 cup or to taste Sugar (Cheeni)
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder (Elaichi powder)
- 3 tbs Almonds (Badam)
- 2 tbs Raisins (Kishmish)
- 3 tbs Desiccated coconut (Khopra)
- 3 tbs Pistachios (Pista)
- 3 tbs Pistachios (Pista)
Preparation of Delicious Faisalabadi Chana Dal Halwa
Step 1: Preparing Lentil
- Take split yellow Bengal gram and clean it that it didn’t have any impurity.
- Then wash it thoroughly and soaked it in water for 3-4 hours or overnight. Best suggestion is soaking it overnight.
- You can also soak it in milk it adds more flavor in Chana dal halwa.
- If you soak lentil in milk, then blend it as it is with some milk to make it blend able. Grind it into paste. And then follow the same procedure next.
- If you soak lentil in water, then take a deep pan add 2 cup fresh milk (you can also use milk packs) and add soaked split yellow Bengal gram. Bring this to boil and then cover the pot. Cook the Bengal on low flame for 30-35 minutes or until Bengal is tender and milk is dried. Keep checking it time to time. If there is still milk but Bengal is tender don’t worry grind it as it is.
- Let the cooked Bengal cool. But if there is no milk then add cooked Bengal into the chopper and add 2-3 tbs or as required to blend the lentil into paste.
- Set aside the Bengal gram paste.
Step 2: Preparing Halwa
- Take a wok, add desi ghee in it (you can also use oil if you want) and heat on low flame. And add green cardamom and mix it.
- Then add lentil paste in heated ghee. Stir the lentil paste continuously until ghee separates and lentil turn golden brown.
- Then add sugar into the mixture and mix well. Stir continuously until sugar dissolves.
- Also add cardamom powder in it and mix. This gave lovely fragrant to the halwa.
- Cook it until ghee separates.
- Now add some dry fruits of your own choice like almonds, raisins, desiccated coconut, pistachios and cashews etc.
The Delicious Faisalabadi Chana Dal Halwa is ready. Now it’s time to garnish this delicious Chana Dal Halwa with chopped dry fruits like almonds, pistachios and cashews. Or any other dry fruit of your own choice. This makes you delicious Chana Dal Halwa more attractive.
The Chana Dal Halwa is now ready to serve. Serve it is as hot to enjoy its unique taste. It will make you fall in love with its outstanding flavor.
You can serve it with tea in front of you guests or can enjoy it with your family. You can also add this as a dessert in dinner or lunch. People gave this delicious halwa as a gift to their friends and family, as desserts spread happiness and love.
Chana Dal Halwa not only pleases your taste buds but also offers some health benefits. Here are a few reasons why you can indulge in this dessert guilt-free:
Rich in Protein: Chana dal is a great source of plant-based protein, making the halwa a nourishing treat. As lentil is a good source of protein so chana dal halwa also a protein source.
Good Source of Fiber: The high fiber content in chana dal aids in digestion and keeps you feeling satiated. The weight conscious people can also eat it.
Essential Nutrients: The inclusion of nuts and ghee provides essential fats, vitamins, and minerals. This helps to keep yourself healthy and provide energy to our mind and body.
- Is Chana Dal Halwa difficult to prepare?
Not really! While it does require some time and effort and patience, but the process is relatively straightforward and easy. Follow the step-by-step recipe provided, and you’ll be able to create a delicious Chana Dal Halwa.
- Can I use any other lentils instead of chana dal?
Chana dal is the preferred lentil for this recipe due to its distinct taste and texture. However, you can use other lentils of your own choice, but the flavor and texture may differ. You can also add saffron while cooking.
- Can I make Chana Dal Halwa in advance?
Why not, you can prepare the halwa in advance and store it in an airtight container for later use. Gently reheat the halwa on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
- Can I freeze Chana Dal Halwa?
Yes it is possible to freeze Chana Dal Halwa, but freezing Chana dal halwa tastes different. It’s best to consume it fresh for the best taste and texture and enjoy it with friends and family.