Welcome to spiciest.com, it is world full appetizing and delicious recipes that full your kitchen with aromatic spices fragrant. Today we are here with another delicious and mouthwatering recipe named as Fibrous & Appetizing Shami Kebab with ketchup & Yogurt Sauce. If you are craving for a delicious and mouthwatering snack that combines the goodness of protein-packed kebabs with the tangy flavors of ketchup and yogurt sauce. In this article, we will explore the recipe for fibrous and appetizing Shami Kebabs accompanied by a delectable ketchup and yogurt sauce prepared at home. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this flavorful and satisfying treat like shami kebab!
Shami kebabs are a popular and irresistible Pakistani delicacy known for their rich flavors and tender texture. These kebabs are traditionally made with minced meat or boneless meat, lentils, and a blend of aromatic spices. The combination of proteins and fibers makes them a wholesome and nutritious snack option. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply looking for a scrumptious meal, Shami kebabs are a fantastic choice that will leave everyone craving for more.
Here we will guide you about the step by step process of making fibrous & appetizing shami kebab.
Ingredients with Quantity
- 8-10 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Black cardamom (Bari elaichi)
- 2-3 Cinnamon sticks (Dar cheeni)
- ½ tbs Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 1 Star anise (Badiyan ky phool)
- 10-15 Black pepper (Kali mirch)
- ½ kg Boneless beef
- 1 cup soaked Gram Lentil (Chana dal)
- 10-12 Button chilies (Lal mirch)
- 2-3 Green chili (Hari mirch)
- ½ bunch Mint leaves (Podina)
- 1 tbs Ginger garlic paste (Lehsan adrak paste)
- Small piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 10-12 Garlic clove (Lehsan)
- ½ tbs or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 5 litre Water
- 1-2 Eggs (Anday)
Preparation of Fibrous & Appetizing Shami Kebab with ketchup & Yogurt Sauce
Step 1: Preparing mixture
- Take boneless beef or mutton, you can also use chicken, wash the meat thoroughly and let it dry.
- You can make the fibrous shami kebab mixture in normal pot and in instant pot, but time varies.
- Take gram lentil, washed and cleaned thoroughly and soak it for 3-4 hours.
- Then in large pot add washed boneless beef, soaked gram lentil and other whole spices like cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cumin, star anise, black pepper, salt, button chilies, ginger and garlic paste and some ginger garlic as whole, and water, and pressure cook in 30-40 minutes on low medium flame.
- Then remove the led and check that meat is tender and water dries. If the meat is not tender and water dries than add some more water and pressure cook until meat tender.
Step 2: Making Shami Kebabs
- When the beef is tender then mesh them with the wooden mortal or in a chopper.
- Then add green chilies, mint leaves, and chop well to make a smooth mixture.
- If mixture is very dry add a little water or oil and chop again. Check consistency of shami kebabs mixture and then add egg if it’s very soft add one egg otherwise 2 eggs can be added or according to your mixture.
- Then take the shami kebabs mixture out of chopper into the bowl and wear hand gloves and mix well.
- Then take a small amount of fibrous & appetizing shami kebab mixture and make round shape kebabs.
- Set them aside. You can also place the prepared fibrous & appetizing shami kebab into the refrigerator for some time.
Step 3: Frying the Shami Kebabs
- Take a frying pan and add small amount of oil in it for shallow frying.
- Heat the pan on low flame and place the prepared shami kebabs and shallow fry them on low flame until golden brown.
- Then remove the kebabs into the paper towel to remove excess oil.
Fibrous & Appetizing Shami Kebab with ketchup & Yogurt Sauce is ready. Now garnish the with fresh mint and coriander leaves or round onions. You can also garnish them with iceberg or lettuce. Garnish the platter with fresh mint leaves and sliced onions or tomato slice to enhance the presentation.
To enjoy the fibrous and appetizing Shami kebabs with ketchup and yogurt sauce, follow these serving suggestions:
- Place the freshly cooked Shami kebabs on a serving platter.
- Drizzle some ketchup sauce over the fibrous shami kebabs to add a tangy flavor.
- Serve the yogurt sauce in a separate bowl made with fresh chilies, coriander and mint leaves.
- Accompany the kebabs with hot naan bread or fluffy steamed rice for a complete meal at dinner or lunch.
- Enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and textures as you savor each bite.
Shami kebabs offers multiple health benefits, like rich source of protein, it also boost energy level, support muscle growth and repair. It also promote weight management, improves health digestion. It also provide bone strength by providing minerals like calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Fibrous and appetizing Shami kebab also boost immune system. It has many cardiovascular benefits.
- Are Shami kebabs spicy?
Shami kebabs have a mild to medium level of spiciness. You can adjust the amount of chili powder and green chilies according to your preference.
- Can I use chicken instead of beef or lamb for Shami kebabs?
Yes, you can use minced chicken to make Shami kebabs. The cooking time may vary slightly, so ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Can I freeze the Shami kebabs for later use?
Absolutely! Once the kebabs are cooked, you can store them in an airtight container and freeze them. They can be reheated in a frying pan or oven whenever you want to enjoy them.
- What other sauces can I serve with Shami kebabs?
Apart from ketchup and yogurt sauce, you can also serve mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or a spicy garlic sauce alongside Shami kebabs.
- Are Shami kebabs suitable for vegetarians?
Shami kebabs traditionally contain minced meat, but you can modify the recipe to make vegetarian versions using ingredients like mashed potatoes, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), or lentils.