Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is your ultimate destination of aromatic spices and delicious meal. Today we are here with another delicious recipe known as Flavorful & Appealing Masalaydar Veg & Chicken Dum Biryani. If you’re a fan of meat and aromatic rice dishes packed with delicious flavors, then you’re in for a treat. Masalaydar Veg Chicken Dum Biryani is a mouthwatering and enticing dish that combines the richness of biryani spices with the goodness of vegetables and chicken. This article will help you to take a flavorful journey through the ingredients, preparation, and cooking process of this delightful culinary masterpiece.
Biryani is a classic dish that originated from centuries and has since become popular worldwide. Its roots can be traced back to the Mughal era, where it was created as a royal delicacy. Over the years, biryani has evolved into various regional styles, each with its unique blend of spices and ingredients like vegetable and chicken.
Masalaydar Veg Chicken Dum Biryani captures the essence of traditional biryani while offering a vegetarian twist. It combines the flavorsome elements of spices, basmati rice, and vegetable-based chicken substitute to create a satisfying and aromatic dish that will tantalize your taste buds.
Ingredients with Quantity
- 1 & ½ Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1 tbs paste Hari mirch (Green chilli)
- 2 tbs Ginger garlic paste (Adrak lehsan paste)
- ½ tbs or to taste Red chilli powder (Lal mirch powder)
- 1 tsp Cumin powder (Zeera powder)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli (Kashmiri lal mirch) powder
- 1 & ½ tbs Biryani masala
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ Cup Oil
- 2 medium sliced Onion (Pyaz)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Hari elaichi (Green cardamom)
- 1 Star anise (Badiyan ka phool)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (Darchini)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 3-4 medium size Tamatar (Tomatoes)
- ½ kg Chicken
- ½ Cup Carrot (Gajar)
- ½ Cup Peas (Matar)
- 1 Cup Cauliflower (Phool gobhi)
- 2 large Potatoes (Aloo) cubes
- 1 Cup French beans (Phaliyan)
- 1-2 tbs Podina (Mint leaves) chopped
- 1-2 tbs Fresh coriander (Hara dhania) chopped
- 500g Sella Rice (Chawal) (boiled with salt & whole spices until 3/4th done)
- 2tbs Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 tbs Fresh coriander (Hara dhania) chopped
- 1 tbs Mint leaves (Podina) chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies (Hari mirch)
- ½ tsp or as required Orange food color (Zarda ka rang)
- 1-2 tbs Oil
Preparation of Flavorful & Appealing Masalaydar Veg & Chicken Dum Biryani
Step 1: Soaking & boiling the rice
- Before start cooking the biryani take required rice, wash them thoroughly and then soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Take a large pot and water in it, then add vinegar, salt, all whole spices like cumin seeds, clove, green cardamom, black cardamom, bay leave, cinnamon stick, star anise, fennel seeds and bring it to boil.
- Then add rice into the water and cook for 3/4th, then drain out the water and place the boiled rice for later use.
Step 2: Cutting vegetables
- Take all the vegetables of your choice.
- Wash all the vegetables and let them dry.
- Here we take carrot, peas, cauliflower, potatoes, French beans etc.
- Peel the carrots, potatoes and cut the carrots thin length wise and potatoes in cubes.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and cut the french beans into small pieces.
- Take out the pea seeds and set aside.
- Set aside all the cut vegetables for later use.
- Take chicken, washed and cleaned them thoroughly.
Step 3: Preparing the yogurt sauce
- Take a bowl and add yogurt and other spices like chopped green chilies, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, Kashmiri red chili, biryani masala and whisk the yogurt well.
- Set aside the prepared yogurt sauce for later use.
- Cut the tomatoes into slice, separate mint and coriander leaves. Make a cut on the green chili lengthwise but don’t separate.
- Slice cut the lemon and set aside.
Step 4: Sautéing the Aromatics
- Take a deep and large pot, add oil in it and heat it.
- Then add sliced onions and mix it. Fry the onions until light golden. Take some fried onions from them to use it later for layering.
- Then add clove, green cardamom, star anise, cinnamon sticks, and cumin seeds mix well on low medium flame for 1-2 minute.
- Then add chicken, mix them and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add half cup water and cook until chicken tender.
- Then add all the cut vegetables, mix well and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add prepared spice yogurt, mix well and bring it boil. Cover the pot and cook on medium flame for 6-8 minutes or until tender and then cook on high flame until oil separate and all vegetables & chicken are cooked and tender.
Step 5: Layering the Biryani
- Now put the boiled rice on the prepared aromatic then put tomatoes, mint and coriander leaves, fried onions, lemon slice and green chilies.
- Then put the orange food color on it. You can also mix the orange food color in small amount of water. Then put on rice. If you feel that oil is less than put more oil over the rice.
- Now cover the pot with kitchen towel and lid, and place the pot on very low flame and steam cook for 12-15 minutes or until rice fully cooked.
The Flavorful & Appealing Masalaydar Veg & Chicken Dum Biryani is ready. Now it’s time to garnish the masalaydar Veg & Chicken dum biryani with fried onions and fresh chopped mint and coriander leaves.
Now the masalaydar Veg & Chicken dum biryani is ready to serve, remove the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork. The aroma of the spices and the tender vegetarian chicken will fill your senses and male your mouth watered. Serve the masalaydar Veg & Chicken biryani hot, and accompanied by raita (yogurt sauce) or a refreshing cucumber salad or kachomar salad.
Chicken is a source of protein that contain amino acids which is necessary for muscle growth and repair. Also support weight management, provide essential vitamin and mineral, and boost energy level, support digestive health, aid in bone health, also help in reducing risk of chronic disease. Chicken also enhance function.
- Can I substitute vegetarian chicken with real chicken in this recipe?
- Yes, you can replace the vegetarian chicken with real chicken if you prefer a non-vegetarian version. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
- How can I adjust the spice level to suit my taste?
- You can increase or decrease the amount of red chili powder and green chilies according to your desired spice level. Remember to taste and adjust the seasonings as you go.
- Can I make this biryani in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker?
- Yes, you can adapt this recipe for an Instant Pot or pressure cooker but for chicken normal pot is good. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking rice and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- What are some ideal side dishes to accompany this biryani?
- Raita (yogurt sauce), cucumber salad, or a simple mixed vegetable curry are great accompaniments to enhance your biryani experience.
- Can I prepare this biryani in advance and reheat it later?
- While biryani is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare it in advance and reheat it gently in a covered pan or microwave. Add a splash of water or sprinkle some saffron-infused milk to prevent it from drying out.