Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is a world where you will get variety of easy & quick recipes in delicious & flavorsome way. Today we are here with another recipe known as Flavorsome Pakistani Dish Aloo Keema: Flavorous Potato & Mince Curry. Aloo Keema, a delightful and flavorsome Pakistani dish, is a popular choice for those seeking a hearty and fulfilling meal. Combining the richness of minced meat with the goodness of potatoes & peas, this dish tantalizes taste buds with its aromatic spices and delectable flavors. Whether you’re a fan of Pakistani cuisine or just looking to explore new flavors of meat, Aloo Keema is a must-try dish.
Delicious Aloo Keema has its roots deeply embedded in Pakistani culinary traditions. The dish’s origin can be traced back to the subcontinent, where spices and flavors have been celebrated for centuries. Over time, Aloo Keema has become a staple in Pakistani households and is cherished for its ability to bring families together over a delicious meal.
Here we will guide you the step by step process of preparing and cooking the delicious aloo keema in quick & easy way.
Ingredients with Quantity
- ½ Cup Cooking oil
- 2 Green cardamom (Hari elaichi)
- 1 Cinnamon stick (Darchini)
- 2-3 Black peppercorns (Sabut kali mirch)
- 2 large chopped Onion (Pyaz)
- 1 tbs Ginger garlic paste (Adrak lehsan paste)
- 3 medium chopped Tamatar (Tomatoes)
- 1 & ½ tsp or to taste Red chili powder (Lal mirch powder)
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldee powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 tsp Dhania powder (Coriander powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (Zeera)
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili (Kashmiri lal mirch powder)
- 1/4 Cup whisked Yogurt (Dahi)
- ½ kg Mince (with 20% fat) (Beef qeema)
- ½ tbs Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri meethi)
- 4 medium Potatoes (Aloo)
- 1 cup Peas (Matar)
- 2 Cups or as required Water (Pani)
- 2-3 Green chilies (Hari mirch)
- 1 inch piece julienne Ginger (Adrak)
- 1-2 tbs chopped Fresh coriander (Hara dhania)
- Julienne Ginger (Adrak)
Preparation of Flavorsome Pakistani Dish Aloo Keema: Flavorous Potato & Mince Curry
Step 1: Preparing the Ingredients
- Take beef or mutton mince, wash it thoroughly. Set aside to drain water.
- Take onions and peel them, then chopped onions & set aside.
- Wash tomatoes thoroughly and chop them.
- Now take potatoes and peel them. Cut these peel potatoes into cubes & wash thoroughly.
- Chop green chilies, fresh coriander & mint leaves for garnishing.
- Cut the ginger in julienne for garnishing.
Step 2: Cooking & Simmering
- Take a pot & add washed mince in it.
- Then add spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin seeds, Kashmiri red chili powder, & other ingredients like chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes & water as required to tender the mince.
- Cover the pot and cook on low flame for 20-25 minutes or until mince is tender.
- If the mince is cooked, and there is still water in it then remove the lid and cook on high flame until water dries.
- But if the mince is not cooked and water dries, then add more water & again cook on low-medium flame.
- Now it’s time to add oil in it. Also add potatoes & peas in it. Then cook the tender mince on medium-low flame for 10-15 minutes or until oil separate, & potatoes & peas are tender.
- Then add yogurt in it and then again cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- You can also gave smoke to flavorous Potato & Mince Curry, this enhance flavor to aloo keema dish.
- Now add garam masala powder & dried fenugreek leaves in it and mix well.
- You can also cook the delicious aloo keema in pressure cooker but the cooking timing and water may vary.
Once the Aloo Keema achieves the desired consistency, turn off the heat. Now it’s to garnish the Flavorsome Pakistani Dish Aloo Keema: Flavorous Potato & Mince Curry. Garnish the dish with fresh chopped coriander & mint leaves, ginger julienne, chopped green chilies adding a burst of color and a refreshing aroma. Ensure the minced meat is of good quality and free from excessive fat.
- Adjust the level of spiciness according to your preference by altering the amount of green chilies, red chili powder & Kashmiri lal mirch.
- For a richer taste, use ghee instead of regular cooking oil.
- Let the flavorous Aloo Keema simmer on low heat to allow the flavors of all ingredients to develop fully.
Serve the flavorous & delicious steamed Aloo Keema hot with steamed rice, naan, or chapati, and with raita & salad savor the symphony of flavors that dance on your palate.
Next time you crave a hearty and mouthwatering meal, give Aloo Keema a try, and savor the magic of traditional Pakistani flavors.
Yummy Aloo Keema offers a range of health benefits, especially when prepared using lean meats and minimal oil. It’s an excellent source of protein, essential vitamins, and minerals from the potatoes. The dish potato & mince curry also incorporates various spices, like turmeric, which possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is very helpful for body.
1. What is Aloo Keema?
Aloo Keema is a traditional Pakistani dish that combines minced meat with potatoes, cooked in a blend of aromatic spices.
2. Can I use other meats instead of mince?
Yes, you can use other meats like chicken or lamb instead of beef, depending on your preference.
3. Is Aloo Keema spicy?
The level of spiciness of delicious aloo keema can be adjusted to suit your taste. You can control the heat by adding or reducing the amount of chili peppers and spices.
4. How long does it take to cook potato & mince curry?
The cooking time may vary depending on the meat’s tenderness and the desired consistency. Generally, it takes about 30-40 minutes to prepare.
5. Can I store leftovers?
Absolutely! Aloo Keema can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days and reheated when needed. Ensure it’s stored in an airtight container to retain its flavors.