Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is your ultimate destination of quick & easy recipes in new style. Today we are here with another unique style recipe known as Manpasand Gajar ka Halwa: Delightful Carrot-based Dessert in halwai style. When it comes to traditional desserts, one name that stands out is “Gajar ka Halwa,” a luscious carrot-based delicacy that has been loved and relished for generations. Also known as “Gajrela,” this sweet treat holds a special place in the hearts of many especially for dessert lovers, making it a must-have during festivals, celebrations, and even on regular days when you crave something indulgent. In this article, we’ll explore the history, the process of making, and the delightful taste of Manpasand Gajar ka Halwa oor delightful carrot-based desert.
The origins of delightful Gajar ka Halwa can be traced back to the Mughal era. It is believed that this delectable dessert was created during the reign of Emperor Shah Jahan, who was known for his love for culinary delicacies. The dessert quickly gained popularity among the royals and soon became a favorite among the masses and it is very easy to cook but take a lot of time but the wait is worth.
Here we will guide you the step by step process of making delightful gajar ka halwa.
Ingredients with Quantity
- 2 & ½ kg peeled & grated Carrots (Gajar)
- 1 & ½ litre fresh Milk (Doodh)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder (Elaichi powder)
- 1 Cup or as required Sugar
- 1 pinch or as required Saffron strands (Zafran)
- 2 tbs Coconut powder
- ¾ Cup or as required Clarified butter (Desi ghee)
- 14-15 sliced Cashew nuts (Kaju)
- ¼ Cup blanched & sliced Almonds (Badam)
- ½ tbs Clarified butter (Desi ghee)
- 500g unsweetened Khoya
- Edible silver leaves (Chandi warq)
- Sliced Pistachios (Pista)
- Chopped Walnut (Akhrot)
Preparation of Manpasand Gajar ka Halwa: Delightful Carrot-based Dessert
Step 1: Boiling the Carrot
- Take carrots and wash them thoroughly. And set aside the washed carrots to let them dry.
- Now peel the carrots & then finely grate the carrots, and put them into heavy-bottomed pan.
- Place the heavy-bottomed pan on low-medium flame and then add the full-fat milk to the pan and bring it to boil.
- After that reduce the heat and let the carrots cook in the milk until it thickens and the milk dries.
- Stir the grated carrots with spoon occasionally to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Adding the Flavor
- When the milk dries & carrots are well cooked mean they become tender. Then add desi ghee into the pan and mix well.
- Mix well on low flame for 5 minutes until desi ghee make a good mixture with ghee.
- Now it’s time to add the grated khoya and stir continuously to combine it with the cooked carrots.
Step 3: Sweetening the Halwa
- Now at that time add the sugar to the mixture and mix thoroughly. The sugar will melt on low flame and release moisture.
- Cook them until all the sugar moisture dries.
- Continue to cook the delicious carrot halwa on medium heat until it reaches a thick, pudding-like consistency and oil separate.
Step 4: Enhancing the Aroma
- As the delicious gajar ka halwa is almost ready now sprinkle the cardamom powder and add saffron strands & coconut powder over the delicious carrot halwa and mix it well to enhance the flavor and aroma.
Dish out delightful gajar ka halwa into serving dish or plate or bowl. Now it’s time to make Manpasand Gajar ka Halwa: Delightful Carrot-based Dessert more attractive & delicious. Take a separate small pan, lightly roast the chopped nuts like almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, walnut and raisins in ghee until they turn light golden & gave aroma. Then add the roasted nuts, raisins, to the delightful carrot halwa. Mix well to distribute the flavors and nuts evenly.
You can add the nuts without roasting. It’s all your choice. Now put the edible silver leaves on delightful gajar ka halwa. Sprinkle some chopped nuts & saffron strands on the carrot-based dessets for an enticing presentation.
Manpasand Gajar ka Halwa is best served warm and can be enjoyed on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in evening tea or as a dessert in any home party. You can also put some khoya on the delicious gajar ka halwa while serving. Gajar ka halwa has delightful taste and rich texture.
Gajar ka halwa has sweet & creamy taste and also have many health benefits. Carrots are packed with essential nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fibers etc. Carrots provide essential support for eye health and immune function. It also contain antioxidant properties, which help combat harmful free radicals in the body.
The antioxidant properties reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in body, thus promoting better cellular health. It also boost immunity the dietary fiber in carrot aids digestion. Delightful gajar ka halwa is an excellent source of energy. Carrot also have positive impact on skin health, support heart health.
. Can I use low-fat milk to make Gajar ka Halwa?
While you can use low-fat milk, the traditional recipe calls for full-fat milk as it adds a creamier and richer texture to the halwa.
- Can I substitute khoya with condensed milk?
Yes, you can use condensed milk instead of khoya, but keep in mind that it will alter the taste and sweetness of the halwa.
- How long does Gajar ka Halwa stay fresh?
If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, Gajar ka Halwa can stay fresh for up to 4-5 days.
- Can I add other fruits to the halwa?
The authentic Gajar ka Halwa recipe focuses on carrots, but you can experiment with other fruits like apple or pineapple to create your variations.
- Is Gajar ka Halwa gluten-free?
Yes, the traditional recipe of Gajar ka Halwa is gluten-free, making it suitable for individuals with gluten sensitivities.