Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is the world full of aromatic spices and delicious recipes. Today we are here with another sizzling recipe named as Sizzling Pakistani Seekh Kebab: Easy Ground Beef Skewers Recipe. If you a fan of succulent and flavorful grilled kebabs then look no further. In this article, we will explore the mouthwatering world of Pakistani Seekh Kebabs or grilled skewers. With their aromatic spices and juicy texture, these easy ground beef skewers will surely satisfy your taste buds and make you fall in love. Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that combines traditional flavors with simplicity and convenience.
Pakistani Seekh Kebab is a beloved dish known for its rich flavors and tender texture. Made with ground beef and a blend of aromatic spices, and other ingredients these kebabs are traditionally cooked on skewers over an open flame, or grilled on pan resulting in a delightful smoky taste. Seekh Kebabs are a popular street food in Pakistan and are often enjoyed with naan bread, mint chutney, and a refreshing salad.
Pakistani Seekh Kebabs offer a tantalizing combination of flavors that are sure to impress your family and friends on lunch or dinner. With their easy preparation and mouthwatering taste, these ground beef skewers will elevate your grilling game and enjoy. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue party or simply craving a delicious meal or grilled meal, give this recipe a try and experience the sizzle of authentic Pakistani cuisine.
Here is the step by step process of making popular Seekh Kebabs which is a street food.
Ingredients with Quantity
- 750g Boneless beef with fat (Charbi)
- 8-9 cloves Garlic (Lehsan)
- 1 inch piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 6-7 Green chillies (Hari mirch)
- Handful Fresh coriander (Hara dhania)
- Handful Mint leaves (Podina)
- 1 & ½ tbs roasted & crushed Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp or to taste Red chilli powder (Lal mirch powder)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
- ½ tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tbs crushed Red chilli (Lal mirch)
- 1 & ½ tbs Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tbs or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 2 medium grated & squeezed Onion (Pyaz)
- 2-3 tbs Oil or ghee
- Charcoal for smoke (Koyla)
- 2 tbs Oil
Preparation of Sizzling Pakistani Seekh Kebab: Easy Ground Beef Skewers Recipe
Step 1: Preparing & Marinating Beef Ground
- Take boneless beef, clean and wash them thoroughly, dry
- Take a chopper, add cleaned, wash and then dry beef along with beef fat, then add other ingredients garlic, peeled ginger, green chilies, fresh coriander, mint leaves, cumin seeds, baking soda, red chili powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, red chili crushed, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt & chop until well combined.
- Take out the prepared mixture in a bowl, add grated and squeezed onion, oil, and mix well.
- Wear gloves and knead the mixture well for 4-5 minutes, cover the bowl & marinate for 2-4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Then give coal smoke for 2 minutes for better flavor.
Step 2: Shaping the Kebabs
- Take some oil on hands and greased your hands, this a small amount of mixture (85g) in your hand & skew on metal skewer makes 14-15 or as much you required.
- If you don’t have metal skewer you can made it at home. Take 3-4 wooden skewer, bind them with thread and wrap them with aluminum foil.
Step 3: Grilling Seekh Kebab
- Take a frying pan, add oil in it & let it oil heat.
- Now remove kebabs from skewer and grill in pan or charcoal from all sides until done and soft.
- If you want to store the kebabs then in frying pan, add oil partially fry kebabs on medium flame from all sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the partially cooked kebabs cool.
- Then store the kebabs in an airtight container for up to 1 month in freezer.
- Note: Don’t freeze uncooked beef seekh kebabs, store them partially cooked.
Garnish the grilled seekh kebab with fresh mint and coriander leaves. Garnishing makes your kebabs more wonderful. Also squeeze lemon juice on grilled kebabs.
Sizzling Pakistani Seekh Kebab: Easy Ground Beef Skewers Recipe is ready to serve. Pakistani Seekh Kebabs are best enjoyed hot off the grill with variety of chutneys. Here are some serving suggestions that enhance your culinary experience and flavor too:
- Serve the kebabs with freshly baked naan bread or pita bread or with steamed rice.
- Accompany them with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or a tangy yogurt sauce or katchup.
- Serve alongside a crisp salad or pickled vegetables for a refreshing contrast, you can also serve it with spicy onions.
To make spicy onions, cut the onions into round and washed them then put the onions into chilled water. Then drain the water and add sirka, salt, red chili and place it aside.
- To prevent the kebabs from sticking to the grill, make sure to oil the surface well before placing them, spread oil with a brush.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes or until soaked well before using them. This will prevent them from burning during grilling on charcoal.
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can add a teaspoon of roasted chickpea flour (besan) to the ground beef mixture while preparing it.
- If you don’t have access to a grill, you can also cook the kebabs in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the kebabs on a lined baking sheet for approximately 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked or you don’t want excess oil.
Beef kebabs is very nutritious, it provide a wide range of vitamins, like E, D & C. Moreover, it also provide calcium, copper, iron, protein, magnesium, and phosphorus, which is very beneficial for our healthy body and mind. It is a big source of protein which help in repairing muscle tissue and cell damage.
- Can I use lamb or chicken instead of ground beef?
- Yes, you can substitute ground lamb or chicken for the ground beef to create different variations of Seekh Kebabs.
- Can I make the kebabs ahead of time?
- Absolutely! You can prepare the kebabs in advance and refrigerate them until you are ready to grill. Marinating them overnight will further enhance the flavors.
- Can I freeze the uncooked kebabs?
- Yes, you can freeze the uncooked kebabs. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Once frozen, transfer them to a zip log bag or any airtight container. They can be stored for up to 3 months but taste change after freezing.
- Can I grill the kebabs on a stovetop grill pan?
- Yes, a stovetop grill pan can be used as an alternative to an outdoor grill. Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the kebabs following the same instructions.
- What can I serve with Pakistani Seekh Kebabs?
- Seekh Kebabs pair well with various side dishes such as rice pilaf, grilled vegetables, or a refreshing cucumber and tomato salad.