Welcome to spiciesst.com, it is the cottage of delicious, unique & appetizing recipes. Today we are here with another unique taste recipe with different ingredients is known as Street Style Keema Samosas with Special Chutney: Mouthwatering Snack. When it comes to popular street snacks, Keema Samosas stand out as one of the most delightful and flavorsome treats. Keema Samosas are crispy, deep-fried pastries filled with spiced minced, vegetables or potatoes, and fragrant spices. They are the perfect fusion of savory flavors and crispy texture, making them a favorite snack for people of all ages with special chutneys. In this article, we’ll explore the mouthwatering delight of Street Style Keema Samosas and discover the secrets to preparing them at home easily, along with a special chutney like tamarind & green that elevates their taste to a whole new level.
Before we dive into the culinary journey of Keema Samosas, it’s essential to understand their history & origin. Over time, the locals put their own spin on the recipe by filling the triangular pastries with various fillings, including vegetables, potatoes, lentils, and the star ingredient, minced meat or Keema & fresh ingredients.
Ingredients with Quantity
- 350g Mince (Beef qeema) (with 20 % fat)
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tbs crushed Red chili (Lal mirch)
- 1 tbs roasted & crushed Coriander seeds (Sabut dhania)
- 1 tbs Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
- ½ tbs or to taste Salt (Namak)
- ½ tbs Garam masala powder
- 1 tbs crushed Garlic (Lehsan)
- 1 tbs crushed Green chili (Hari mirch)
- 2-3 tbs chopped Fresh coriander (Hara dhania)
- 1 tbs chopped Mint leaves (Podina)
- 2 Cups chopped Onion (Pyaz)
- 2 tbs chopped Fresh coriander (Hara dhania)
- 1 tbs chopped Mint leaves (Podina)
- 1 tbs chopped Green chili (Hari mirch)
- 3 tbs All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 3-4 tbs or as required Water
- 400g Samosa leaves
- Cooking oil for frying
Imli Aalo Bukhara Chutney
- 1 & ½ Cup soaked & deseeded Dried plums (Aloo bukhara)
- 1 Cup Tamarind pulp (Imli pulp)
- ½ tsp crushed Red chili (Lal mirch)
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds (Saunf powder)
- ¼ tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- ¼ tsp Black salt (Kala namak)
- ½ tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 & ½ Cup or as required Water
- 5 tbs Jiggery
- ½ tsp or to taste Red chilli powder (Lal mirch powder)
- ¼ tsp Ginger powder (Adrak powder)
- 1 tbs Cooking oil
Preparation of Street Style Keema Samosas with Special Chutney: Mouthwatering Snack
Step 1: Cooking the Keema
- Take a frying pan and add beef mince, and add some water to tender the beef mince. Cook it on medium flame. You can also use pressure cooker or instant pot.
- When the beef mince is tender and water dries then add little amount of oil just 1 tbs and mix well. If the mince is tender & there is still water then cook on high flame to remove water.
- Then add other spices like red chili crushed, roasted & crushed coriander seeds, roasted & crushed cumin seeds, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder, garlic paste, green chili paste, mix well & cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes
- You can also gave smoke to enhance the flavor of street style kemma samosa.
Step 2 – Adding Other Ingredients
- When the beef mince with spices is cooked well, then remove from flame and set aside to let it cool.
- Then add other ingredients like chopped onions, chopped mint leaves, chopped fresh coriander leaves and mix well with spicy beef.
- You can also add chopped tomatoes, it’s optional.
Step 3: Prepare Slurry
- Take a small bowl and add all-purpose flour in it.
- Then add required amount of water and mix well.
- Remember don’t make flour slurry much thick nor so thin.
Step 4: Preparing the Samosa
- Now filling the mouthwatering snack, the spicy keema filling into flour wrappers or leaves, is a fun part of making beef keema samosa.
- Take samosa or leave or pastry sheet and fold it into a triangular pocket. Then fill the pocket with spicy beef keema mixture of at least 1tbs or little more & roll into the shape of samosa.
- Then seal corners or edges using all-purpose flour slurry or water.
- Remember cover all other samosa leaves in a cloth so that they cannot get dry and remain soft. Also don’t sit under fan while filling the samosa.
Step 5: Different ways of Frying
- There are multiple ways of frying or cooking the keema stuffed samosa like frying, baking and air frying.
- Take a deep pan and add cooking oil in it and heat it on medium flame.
- Then add keema stuffed samosa into the pan and deep fry on medium flame until golden brown & crispy from one side then flip the other side until it turns golden brown.
- Take out the fried samosas, remove excess oil with tissue paper.
- You can also bake the keema stuffed samosa, just brush the mini samosa with oil & bake preheated oven at 200C 20-25 minutes. Flip the side of keema stuffed samosa once after 15 minutes in between.
- Take out until done.
- You can also air fry the keema stuffed samosa. Brush the keema stuffed one-bite samosa with oil & then air fry in preheated air-fryer at 200C fry for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip the side of mini samosa once in between after 5 minutes.
Step 6: Preparation of Special Chutney
- It’s time to prepare special & unique chutney that is served with light golden and crispy keema stuffed samosas.
- Take a pot, and add chutney ingredients like dried plums, tamarind pulp (soak the tamarind for 30 minutes in hot water and then remove seeds), red chili crushed, fennel seeds, carom seeds, black salt, salt and water, mix well & bring it to boil.
- Cover the pot & cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Then remove the pot from the flame and blend the mixture well with the help of blender.
- Again turn on the flame as low, add jiggery, red chili powder, ginger powder mix well & cook 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Let the imli special chutney cool completely.
- You can store the special imli & aloo Bukhara chutney in clean & sterilized jar for later use in refrigerator.
- You can easily store the special chutney for up to 1 month.
Garnishing make your recipes more attractive. Garnish the street style keema stuffed with fresh coriander leaves & mint leaves. Also sprinkle some chat masala on street style keema stuffed samosa.
No Street Style Keema Samosas with Special Chutney: Mouthwatering Snack is complete without a tangy and spicy special imli & green chutney. You can prepare this unique chutney by blending together fresh mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves, green chilies, tamarind pulp, garlic cloves, roasted & crushed cumin seeds, roasted & crushed coriander seeds and a pinch of salt. Adjust the ingredients like green chilies & salt etc according to your taste preferences to create the perfect accompaniment for your samosas.
Q1: Can I use a different meat for the Keema Samosa filling?
Yes, you can use mutton, beef, chicken, or even a vegetarian substitute like soya granules for the filling.
Q2: Can I bake the samosas instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake the samosas for a healthier alternative. Brush them with oil and bake in a preheated oven until crispy.
Q3: How can I store leftover samosas?
Store the cooled samosas in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For better flavor reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
Q4: Can I freeze unbaked samosas for later use?
Absolutely! Place the unbaked samosas on a baking sheet and freeze them. Once the keema stuffed samosa frozen, transfer them to a sealed bag. Fry or bake them straight from the freezer when needed.
Q5: What other dishes can I pair the Special Chutney with?
The Special Chutney goes well with various Indian snacks like pakoras, kebabs, and even as a zesty dip for chaats. It can also add a burst of flavor to grilled meats and sandwiches.