Welcome to spiciest.com, the world full of flavor, spices and fragrant. Today we are here with another succulent and toothsome recipe knowns as Toothsome Aloo Baingan Curry: Succulent Eggplant and Potato Recipe. If you are craving a delicious and flavorsome vegetarian curry, this is must try. In this article, we will guide you through the process of making a toothsome Aloo Baingan Curry, featuring succulent eggplant and potato in an easy way. This delightful dish is packed with aromatic spices and a medley of flavors that will leave you craving more. Let’s dive into the world of spices and create a culinary masterpiece and enjoy it!
Aloo Baingan Curry is a traditional dish that combines the earthiness of potatoes with the rich flavors of eggplant. It is a popular vegetarian curry enjoyed by all the vegans. This recipe provides a delightful balance of textures and tastes, making it a favorite among curry enthusiasts. Let’s gather the ingredients and start preparing this delectable dish in simple way.
Ingredients with Quantity
- 13-14 Cashew nuts (Kaju) 13-14
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds (Sabut dhania)
- 6-7 cloves (Laung)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1 medium chopped Onion (Pyaz)
- 1 inch piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 large chopped Tomato (Tamatar)
- ½ cup or as required Water (Pani)
- ½ kg Eggplant (Baingan)
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 tsp Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste Red chili powder (Lal mirch powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt (Namak)
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder (Haldee powder)
- 2-3 chopped Green chilies (Hari mirch)
- ½ Cup or as required Water (Pani)
- 1 tsp crushed Black pepper (Kali mirch)
- Chopped Fresh coriander (Hara dhania)
Preparation of Toothsome Aloo Baingan Curry: Succulent Eggplant and Potato Recipe
Step 1: Blend the Spices
- Take a frying pan and put cashew nuts, coriander seeds, cloves, cumin seeds and roast them until fragrant. Set them aside and let it cool.
- Take a spice mixer, and add roasted cashew nuts, coriander seeds, cloves, cumin seeds and grind them well.
Step 2: Preparing Eggplant & Potatoes
- Take eggplants and potatoes, wash them thoroughly. Then peel potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Then peel eggplants and cut eggplants into long thin slices.
- Take a bowl add chill water and then add cut potatoes and eggplants in it, to prevent them from turning brown.
Step 3: Prepare Spice Blend
- Take a frying pan and add oil in it and heat it on medium flame.
- Then add chopped onions and cook for some minute.
- Then add ginger, mix and cook.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Take a spice blender and blend them by adding some water. And make a homogenous paste.
Step 4: Cooking Aloo Baingan Curry
- Then take a deep pot and add oil and heat on medium flame, then add egg plants, potatoes (you can also use tamarind pulp instead of tomatoes), other ingredients like coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and green chilies, mix them well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add prepared grinded tomato & onion paste, and other ground spices and mix well.
- Then add water in it and cover the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes on low medium flame. Or until potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Then add crushed black pepper and cook for 2 -3 minutes or until oil separates.
- The Toothsome Aloo Baingan Curry: Succulent Eggplant and Potato Recipe is ready.
Dish out the eggplants curry into serving dish and garnish this delicious recipe with fresh chopped coriander. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving to add a burst of freshness and vibrant color to the dish. Gather your loved ones and savor the delightful flavors of this homemade curry.
Remember it, the key to a perfect Aloo Baingan Curry lies in the balance of spices and the freshness of the ingredients. So, gather your culinary skills and embark on a flavorful journey with this delightful recipe. Happy cooking!
The toothsome Aloo Baingan Curry is now ready to be served. This aromatic curry pairs wonderfully with steamed rice, naan bread, or roti. Also serve raita and salad with this.
Aloo Baingan Curry not only delights your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. Eggplant is source of antioxidants, dietary fiber, and vitamins. It helps to improve digestion, reduces the risk of chronic diseases, and promotes heart health and other various benefits. Potatoes provide us essential nutrients like vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6. They are a good source of energy and also support brain function. By incorporating Aloo Baingan Curry into your diet, you can enjoy a tasty meal while nourishing your body even if you are not a vegan.
Q1: Can I make Aloo Baingan Curry in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the Aloo Baingan curry in advance if you are not free or any other reason and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It tastes even better the next day as the flavors develop further.
Q2: How long does Aloo Baingan Curry last in the refrigerator?
Aloo Baingan Curry can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat it thoroughly before consuming.
Q3: Can I freeze Aloo Baingan Curry?
Yes, you can freeze Aloo Baingan Curry. Store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 2-3 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating or can unfrozen it by using oven.
Q4: Can I use different types of eggplant for this curry?
Yes, you can use various types of eggplant for this curry, such as Indian round eggplant, Japanese eggplant, or Italian eggplant, Pakistan eggplants. Adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the eggplant variety.
Q5: Is Aloo Baingan Curry gluten-free?
Yes, Aloo Baingan Curry is gluten-free as long as the spice powders used are gluten-free. Check the labels of the spice powders to ensure they are gluten-free.